Council Elections

Council Supplementary Voters Roll

Are you a new resident to the Alexandrina Council area?

Have you recently changed your home address and are now living in a different Ward?

The Local Government (Elections) Act 1999 delegates to the Chief Executive the responsibility of maintaining the voters roll for Council elections.  Recent amendments to the Act removed some of the previous automatic enrolment provisions.  Ratepayers who are not on the State Electoral roll and wish to vote in future Council elections now need to apply for inclusion on the Council voters roll before each periodic election.

This means that all residents not on the State Electoral roll; including non-Australian citizens, a sole owner who lives outside the area but owns property in the Council and a sole occupier who occupies property in the Council area as a tenant but does not live at that property (a non resident occupier), will no longer be automatically included on the Council voters roll and instead will need to apply for voting entitlements.  The Act now also specifies that each elector can only vote once for an Area or Ward election but is entitled to vote in more than one Ward election if they have rateable property in those Wards. 

If you are new to the Alexandrina Council area, or have moved house to a different Ward, then you will need to complete  the necessary application form to enable your name to appear in the correct Ward Roll.  Please find the relevant Enrolment Forms below for completion and return to Council's Rates Department at your earliest convenience.


Form 1 - Sole Owners Application Form

Form 2 - Body Corporate Application Form

Form 3 - Group Owners or Group Occupiers Application Form

For any queries with regard to the above information and forms, please make contact with Council's Rates Department on 8555 7000.