COVID-19 Business Support
Alexandrina Council Support
Recognising that these are unprecedented times, Council is keen to support local business wherever possible:
- Council has endorsed the Alexandrina Business Support Package at its Council Meeting on 20 April 2020, to help alleviate the local economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The below info-graphic summarises key highlights of the package
- We have changed Council’s payment terms for local suppliers from the Alexandrina, Victor Harbor and Yankalilla council areas. Payment terms for local suppliers fast tracked from ’30 days after end of month’ to ’14 day payment terms’
- We have a dedicated Alexandrina Business Hotline for local businesses wanting support to local businesses. Call us on 8555 7455 between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday to speak directly with a member of our business support team. You can also email us on email@example.com
- We will offer deferred rental payments for businesses and community groups occupying Council premises
- We have introducing flexible parking arrangements within town centres to adapt to the changing needs of our restaurants, cafes and other businesses adhering to the new take-away only restrictions.
- We offer flexible payment options and payment arrangements for those experiencing difficulty paying Council rates. You can call us on 8555 7000 to confidentially discuss your situation with the Rates Team.
For COVID-19 Rent Relief Application for tenants of Council owned buildings please click here.
For COVID-19 Rate Relief Application please click here.
All levels of government and Industry Organisations are providing support to the business sector during COVID-19.
South Australian Government Support
- Business Support - Information and Business Support
- Treasury and Finance - Support for Businesses, jobs and the community impacted by COVID-19
- The latest - COVID-19 updates for South Australia
- Lessees and Lessors - Small Business Commissioner
Australian Government Support
- Business Support - Information and Business Support and Fact Sheets
- Treasury - Support for businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees
- Export Finance Australia - Support for Australian Exporters
Business and Industry Organisations
Business resources and industry specific information including funding links, advice for exporters, staffing and industrial relations:
Protect your business, yourself and your employees
Mental Health Support
Last updated 26 May 2020