If you would like assistance to become a STARCLUB, please contact
Jeremy Bell via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Customer Service team on (08) 8551 0500
The Southern Fleurieu & Kangaroo Island STARCLUB Field Officer Program and several other STARCLUB regions have teamed up with Sports Community to provide a fantastic series of FREE online webinars for regional clubs during June 2020.
A range of topics will be addressed over the next 5-6 weeks that will ultimately help your committee and club move forward in a positive way.
You can tune into these webinars from the comfort of your own home, and access some great content that will help your club navigate the challenges ahead as we begin the slow transition back to sport.
Each webinar will only be an hour long and packed full of handy information, held every Monday night in June at 7.00pm… Session details and individual registration links below:
Session 1 – Monday 1st of June 2020 at 7.00pm - The secrets of successful clubs
In this session we:
- share the secrets to successful clubs and what they do to ensure they remain successful year after year
- explore the terms leadership, culture and success what they truly mean in a community club and how you can ensure they become your clubs core strengths
Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/3140480493728626433
Session 2 – Monday 8th of June 2020 - How to achieve goals by creating a culture of volunteering in your club
The one characteristic consistent in almost all successful clubs is that they have a culture of volunteering. In this session we show, step by step, how you can create a culture of volunteering at your club.
This session also considers at why people volunteer and the barriers that may currently be stopping them from volunteering at your club.
Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/6495973377910353921
Session 3 – Monday 15th of June 2020 - Fundraising and Financial management for sports clubs
Some clubs are using are technology to revolutionise their fundraising and the role the club treasurer. In this session we explore:
- What financial information committees need to successfully manage their clubs (and it is not what you think!)
- How going “online” is not only reducing fraud but significantly increasing club revenues
- The benefits, even for the smallest clubs, of moving to an online accounting system
- We look at the difference between fundraising and raising funds and why it really does matter where your clubs funds come from
- Look at the different way’s clubs have successfully taken their fundraising online
- Show case the many different fundraising strategies being used by community sports clubs
Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1939496037336908545
Session 4 – Monday 22nd of June 2020 - Social media and communication strategies for sports clubs
During the COVID 19 lock down period, many clubs have been amazing users of social media in a way that will create benefits for many years to come.
In this session we:
- Explore the key reasons why clubs communicate
- How to create a great club communication strategy
- Show case different examples of how community sports clubs have used social media to:
- Stay connected while we are all in lock down
- Build and grow their audience of supporters and members
- Raise funds
- Reduce volunteer workloads
- Have a lot of fun
Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/6832443727219196673
Session 5 – Monday 29th of June 2020 - Increasing participation in your club
Not only will sport look very different as we move back into sport but how our community will want to participate is going to be very different.
In this session we:
- Explore why people participate in sports
- What stops different groups of people participating in sport?
- Consider what other participation options the community want other than
- Apart from competitive sport, consider other formats and structures for sport that will be need to be offered by clubs in the future
- Highlight case studies and strategies being used by clubs to increase participation
Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/8973458948313021697
Stay tuned for more information, and feel free to register your interest by contacting email@example.com or 0427 015 845
What is STARCLUB?
STARCLUB is a sports club management initiative of the state government through the Office for Recreation and Sport. It is a self-assessment resource that will help your club identify what it is doing well, and possible areas for development. By addressing the areas for development, your club will be better managed and be providing the best environment possible for your m embers and the wider community.
STARCLUB Field Officer
The STARCLUB Field Officer works closely with partner councils in the Southern Fleurieu and
Kangaroo Island region to foster a vibrant sport and recreation culture, support local sport
and recreation clubs and associations to provide high quality participation opportunities to the community, and support councils on a range of recreation and sport matters including:
- Grants and funding advice for sporting clubs
- Providing templates to support sporting club governance (constitution updates, policy development etc.)
- Managing/ recruiting volunteers
- Creating child safe environments – legal responsibilities for sport and recreation clubs and associations
- Strategic planning for sporting clubs
- Reducing the cost of and managing utilities – increasing sustainability
- Supporting clubs to access and utilise the STARCLUB Club Development Program
- Training and development opportunities for sporting club volunteers including coaches and officials
Alexandrina Council supports local sport and recreation clubs to become STARCLUB accredited.
Is your club a STARCLUB?
A STARCLUB is a well-run club where quality coaches and officials work alongside valued volunteers in a safe and welcoming environment.
Clubs are able to measure themselves against STARCLUB criteria and get information and support to continue the development of their club to provide the best environment possible for their members and the wider community.
Why become a STARCLUB?
The STARCLUB Club Development Program has been designed for use by sport and active recreation clubs of all sizes. The program will be valuable for your club whether you believe your club is already a STARCLUB or has some work to do.
STARCLUBs will also be recognised by the government and other organisations that value the role well-run community clubs can play in our community.
The STARCLUB online assessment tool contains 25 questions designed to find out areas of strengths as well as areas of improvement for clubs.
Once these areas are identified, Alexandrina Council will assist in the implementation of strategies and programs to support the development of your club.
Visit the STARCLUB website for further details.
Should you wish to discuss your club or would like assistance with the online STARCLUB tool please contact the Southern Fleurieu/Kangaroo Island STARCLUB Field Officer on 0427 015 845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org