Youth Writing Group
Do you love creative writing?
Would you like to learn new skills and make new friends?
Be part of a new writing group in Strathalbyn that’s just for young people aged 12-25.
Where: Strathalbyn Library, Angas Room
When: Fortnightly on Thursdays 5.00pm – 6.30pm
To register your interest, contact Bev Boag on 8555 7000 or 0474 825 719
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Strath Community Youth
Be Part of the Action!
Strath Community Youth
- Between 12 and 25 and live, work, study or play in Strathalbyn or the surrounding area?
- Keen to be more involved in your local community?
- Interested in organising activities and events for young people
- Ready to develop new skills and leadership abilities?
Then it sounds like Strath Community Youth (SCY) could be just the group for you!
What kind of things can I expect?
The activities of the group will be shaped by the wishes and interests of the members of the group but here are some examples of the types of things you might be involved in:
- Planning, organising and running Youth focussed events in Strathalbyn. Some of these might be big events e.g. Youth Week events and some might be smaller events e.g. movie nights, skate park sausage sizzles
- Getting involved in events that take part in the local community e.g. Strathalbyn Show, Christmas Where the Angas Flows. Involvement might vary from volunteering to help at the events or having a stall to promote our group and its activities.
- Taking part in community projects
- Having your say on issues that affect you in the community and having input into Council events and projects
What will I get out of it?
Here are some benefits you could experience by joining the new Youth Action Group in Strathalbyn:
- Learn new skills in event management, leadership or public speaking
- Make new friends with like minded young people
- Make a difference in your community
- Have your voice heard on issues that are important to you
- Feel good about yourself for volunteering your time to help your local community
- Feel a sense of achievement for helping run events for young people in your area
- Have a great time along the way
How do I find out more?
If you would like more information about this great opportunity then please contact Bev Boag for more information on 8555 7000 or email email@example.com.
When: Meetings are held every 3 weeks on Tuesdays from 4.00pm-5.30pm.
Where: Strathalbyn Library Community Centre, Colman Terrace, Strathalbyn