Rural Activities

Intensive animal keeping is a change of land use requiring Development Approval.

Intensive animal keeping means the keeping of husbandry of animals in a broiler shed, chicken hatchery, feedlot, kennel, poultry battery or other like circumstance, but does not include horse keeping.

If you are unsure if your proposal is considered an other like circumstance please contact planning staff to discuss.

Native Vegetation Council Information 

Ministers Specification SA H3.2 -  “ Concessions for farm buildings” 2015 edition  

Farm Buildings - Fact Sheet    

Other helpful websites