- Convenience - BPAY View® sends your bills straight to the same online bank you use to pay them.
- Easy access - You can manage your bills 24/7 over the internet from wherever you are and be notified when a new bill arrives.
- Pay on time - With convenient email, SMS or bank message reminders and secure online or mobile access.
Please read the information below and if you wish to request a search please contact Alexandrina Council on 8555 7000.
Property and Rate Searches provide information on particular properties. They can only be ordered by or on behalf of a person who has an interest in the land. The information provided is in accordance with the following Acts and Regulations:
- The Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 (Section 7 and 12)
- The Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Regulations 2010 (Schedule 2 & 3)
- The Local Government Act 1999 (Section 187 (1)) Section 187 Rates Certificate.
For the purposes of ordering a search, the Local Government Act 1999 (Section 187) states that a person has an interest in land if and only if that person is:
- the owner of a registered estate or interest in the land, or
- an occupier of the land, or
- a person who has entered or declares to the council that he or she proposes to enter into a contract to purchase the land, or a mortgagee or prospective mortgagee of the land.
What is a Section 7 Property Search?
A full search includes a Section 7 and consists of three components:
Rates (Section 187) - A rates certificate is generated which shows rates levied for this financial year and outstanding rates due.
Environmental Health - The specific property is checked against the contaminated land register to identify whether any relevant notices have been issued.
Development Services including information pertaining to:
- Previous applications to check whether there are any continuing conditions,
- Records of Approvals/Applications relating to potentially contaminating activities which pose possible site contamination
- A copy of the indemnity insurance (if available)
- Heritage Information
- Details Land Management Agreements
- Current notices issued for that particular property are indicated on the search.
- Property Zoning and Policy Area in accordance with Councils Development Plan
- Any Orders that may apply/continue to apply under any of the following Acts,
- The Development Act 1993
- Fire & Emergency Services Act 2005
- Food Act 2001
- Housing Improvement Act 1940
- Local Government Act 1934 & 1999
- Public Health Act 2011
|The list below is not an extensive list of all financial banking institutes. If your bank is not listed below please contact your bank directly to arrange recurring payment option on your account.|
|You will need to amend your nominated payment amount based on your first quarter rates notice for each financial year. Make a diary note for July 2015.|
|If you have more than one property the set up of regular/ recurring bpay payments will be required for each individual assessment/ property reference number.|
Help calculate my monthly repayment....
Who do you bank with?
Rates and Debtors